Sunday, April 13, 2014

K is for Kaddywhompus

Do you agree that opposites attract? 

34 years ago yesterday I married my polar opposite. In fact during our pre-marital counseling, the pastor who was marrying us advised us not to get married because we were so opposite.  Of course, being young and invincible, we got married anyway.  

These past 34 years have not been without their challenges and partially because we are opposites...

I am a glass half-full, he is an empty glass.
I like to watch fluff, feel-good movies, he likes action-adventure and serious movies.
I like music with a beat, he likes slow thoughtful music.
I can't stand fish or the thought of anything that swims, he loves all fish and seafood.
I love marshmallow peeps, he can't stand them. :)  (shouldve been a deal-breaker - it's just wrong to not love Peeps!)
I am not decision-impaired even if the decision may be wrong in the end, he researches and researches before he makes a decision.
I like our bed kaddywhompus (at an angle), he says he hasn't slept right since I turned the bed.
I am a "good-good enough" person, he is a perfectionist.
I tend to move quickly and multi-task, he is much more task oriented.
I can't stand to work in clutter, it doesn't bother him.

You get the picture.  Our kaddywhompus-ness has definitely made us work at our relationship more than we might have had to if we were more alike, but I also like to think we compliment and complete each other.

Happy Anniversary honey!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to a Kattywampus Couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, happy anniversary to you both. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! And many, many more.
    REading thru your list, I had to chuckle --you sound like us. (Except for the peeps.) Life would be much less interesting without all those differences, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!
    I too married a total opposite. We are going on 6 years strong here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary...a day late!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto! total opposites but 54 years later, we are still hanging on! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but they must have put in a lot of love and real effort to make it work. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete