Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April 1 - "A"


First Day of the Challenge and we start with letter "A".

The letter "A" to me signifies a new beginning.  It's the beginning letter of the alphabet and it also signifies the beginning of "Grandparent-hood" for us.

Our first grandchild, a granddaughter, Ava arrived in our lives 7-1/2 years ago and our world changed forever!  



 I just realized after I uploaded this picture that I look a bit scared, don't I?  The grandparent thing was a new world for us to navigate and we wouldn't trade it for anything!  

This young lady captured our hearts those first hours and still does today.  She has a sweet personality, is smart, creative,sensitive, compassionate, and a fashionista to boot! She put this outfit together for the Daddy/Daughter dance in February herself.  She might have gotten a bit of Grandma's creative gene but her sense of style is way out of my league!  Love her to pieces! 


Be sure to check back tomorrow for the letter "B".  I already have the letters "E" & "O" planned out. It's the ones in between that I better get to thinking on. :)


4 comments:

  1. Awwww! She's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Ava is such a cutie! Love her sense of style - and wish I had some of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I haven't seen Ava's picture for a while. Very cute and so grown up! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. She a cutie and I see her personality shining through! You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete