Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Linda's random dozen

Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee is holding her weekly Random Dozen today.  Stop by (click on the button) and check out all of the participants replies.



 1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?
I've only fired a gun twice.  At a picnic and a clay pigeon shoot was part of the entertainment.  Yup, that's what we do here in the midwest!  However, last summer I did get my FOID card and purchased a gun.  I haven't shot it yet but this spring those sparrows in the shed that crap on absolutely everything better look out!


2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?
Most of them, yes.  Some live a few miles away with the furthest away living in Texas.


3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time?
Unfortunately, I'm usually late.  I really want to be on time, I really do but it seems I always try to get just one more thing done before I go out the door.


4. Are you more of a New York or California type?
Neither!


5. Do you have a special ring tone?
I have specific ring tones for a number of people on my phone but my general tone is a Revelation by Third Day.


6. What is your favorite type of chip?
I don't really eat a lot of chips anymore so can't say as I have a favorite.  Now, if we're talking deep fried, it would be onion rings, hands down!


7. Best comedy you've ever seen is ....
There are so many comedies I like.  I would rather watch a comedy over a dramatic movies/show anyday.  But if I had to pick a best comedy overall, it would be Seinfeld.  Lots of shows about nothing but so real.


8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, "How'd that work for ya?"
Not me, not near coordinated enough for that.  I've only trimmed a little wisp here of there that the hairdresser may have missed.    I do cut my husbands hair.  However, the only tool needed for that task is a "buzzer".


9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?
I think myself.  I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin but there are a few problem areas that I would love to change, like my double chins and teeth stained from antibiotcs when I was young.


10. Are you allergic to anything?
Lots of antibiotics


11. Why is it so hard to change?
It's too much work.  It's easier to stay at the status quo.  "When the pain to remain the same is greater than the pain to change" is when change happens.


12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic.  
To really love someone, you put your heart and soul out on your sleeve for that person to see.  There is a lot of vulnerability in letting anyone see the true you.  Being vulnerable isn't a comfortable place to be.  Let's face it, there are some traits, habits, thoughts that we only share with those closest to us as to not be rejected by those who don't know us so well.  My husband knows me the best of anyone and graciously accepts me for who I am but there are still things about me he doesn't "get".





5 comments:

  1. Fun questions & answers! :) Laughing over the FOID card & gun....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at #1...when you've taken care of the sparrows my husband would love for you to come deal with our extremely pesky ground hog : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool...clay pigeon shoot
    Sparrow stew coming your way?
    Go, Third Day! love 'em
    Awesome...I enjoy vidalia onion rings, especially
    Seinfeld...know anybody with a white shirt?
    Brave woman: cut my husband's

    you're not alone here: doesn't "get".

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops I messed up that first time around. Enjoyed your answers! Loved your post for today. I am still chuckling. lol I became a follower. Thanks for sharing!

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete