Monday, February 1, 2010

I won, I won!

A couple of months ago, I, (actually DH) guessed what Michelle’s (from Just Simple Joys) husband, Louie was fixing and we won a gift card to Applebee’s (sorry for the delayed thank you, Michelle – the meal was yummy!)

and just the other day…

the UPS truck pulled in our driveway and DH says to me “what did you order now?”.  Well, for once I could truthfully say that I didn’t order anything!  I met the driver at the door, saw who the package was from and remembered I had won something, a major award! 

Let me just say, I rarely, if at all, win anything so this truly is a thrill!

And no I didn’t win one of these – no “glow of electric sex” for me, no sirree!

leg-lamp

or any of this although that would have been nice too!

Cash-Money-Contests-739077

but an adorable set of French (actually made in France and not in China like everything else these days) la Rouchere Historic Bee glassware from a drawing over on Chronicles of a Country Girl’s blog.  Did you know that this design, the French Bee, was originally chosen for Napoleon’s coronation and was displayed on his coat of arms?  and that la Rouchere is the oldest glass factory in Paris?  It dates back to 1475! 

It’s amazing what one can learn from glassware, isn’t it?

IMG_2952

Aren’t these glasses fun?   Not that I have a propensity towards glassware and dishes or anything like that at all! 

IMG_2951

Thank you Kathleen & Michelle!

 

7 comments:

  1. You are welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I saw the lamp in my blogger reader and instantly was jealous!...but hey, the glasses are awesome...and Applebees is super delish! ;)

    Congrats lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' the glasses... aren't you just the lucky one? Congrats!!

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Lori! You're a lucky girl.. those glasses are awesome (and so is Applebee's). -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the glasses! I have a whole set : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I recently saw on The Farmer's Wife a dish, can't remember the name, where you dip fresh strawberries in sour cream and then in brown sugar. Those would be perfect to hold the individual brown sugars! Think double dipping. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun!! Love the glasses and how fun on the gift card. (I have one waiting in my wallet!:) )

    ReplyDelete