Sunday, September 21, 2008

Saint Louie

I've been in St Louis the last few days at a AEAP conference.
What is AEAP you ask? Association of Executive and Administrative Professionals. I've been a member of this national organization for a number of years but have never been able to attend one of their conferences until this year's in St Louis.
The theme of the conference was Managing Time in a Chaotic World. The speakers were great but what was more interesting and fun was networking with fellow members from across the country. I chatted with ladies from Michigan, Florida, the Carolinas, Oregon and even Bermuda.

After the "welcome reception" the first evening, we went to Kobe's Japanese restaurant for supper. What a fun place! It was a hoot watching the chef ...


throwing

chopping

and flaming. (I think I have eyebrows left)

The steak and chicken combo I had literally melted in my mouth. However, I can truthfully say I don't think I've ever spent that much on a meal in my life. The experience was worth it though, right?

Then Saturday morning before we left, Rhonda & I decided to treat ourselves to room service breakfast. Neither one of us had ever had room service before. I know, we lead a sheltered life. The tray even came with a vase and fresh flowers. It was wonderfully indulgent to sit back, put my feet up and enjoy my omelet.

Do you see those itty bitty baby bottles of ketchup and Tabasco sauce. Aren't those the most fun little things? I've never seen anything like it.

OK, so now I'm really showing my "hick-dom" but hey, I am what I am!



1 comment:

  1. St. Louis is one of my favorite cities - and I love, love Japanese food. But you're right - it's pricey! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete