Friday, September 26, 2008

It's beginning to feel alot like fall around here

Fall is hands down my favorite season of the year and it's beginning to feel like it here in Northern Illinois.



My house is "falled up". I've never been big in to Halloween decorations, but love the pumpkins and dried berries.




I've been met with nasty fog the last few mornings on the way to work. Never mind it's foggy, but then this idiot driver is taking a picture as they're driving. I'm a safe driver, really I am!





The trees are starting to turn.

Some more than others.



The soybean fields are a ripe shade of gold and leaves are falling off the plants.
The corn is starting to dry and ready for harvest.


And of course, no Fall season is complete without the little "goose gifts" all over campus. We have a pond on campus and this time of year, the geese are very prevalent. When we go out for our walk we are constantly dodging the landmines they leave for us.

Hey, I could have taken a picture of the dead possum that was at the end of my driveway sticking his tongue out at me this morning. Carnage or poo, you decide...

14 comments:

  1. What the heck! Next time take a picture of the possum. No one will expect it. Life is real. We are real. Life is about sharing. Next time don't be so stingy! LOL!

    Your home and fall decorations look wonderful!

    See you Sunday! We can't wait!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every single fall thing you've done! I know I'm not supposed to covet so I'll just shamelessly copy, or try to. :) I can't find a white pumpkin; I've looked several places but I guess they're gone already. Boo! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very artistic touch with your decorations!!! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Fall decorations are beautiful! I think I vote poo instead of carnage! *G*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when the leaves start to turn!

    Great decorating! Happy Falling UP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am such a sucker for old barns...I am constantly taking pictures of them. Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your decorations are GORGEOUS!! Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Just stopped by from the "fall party" and wanted to say, "Hello from Colorado!"

    Happy Monday! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very pretty fall decorations! Your outdoor photos look like they could have been taken in my area- funny about the possum and poo!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your white pumpkins :)

    Dead possum...lovely! lol

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos, as for the possum...um, ew.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a beautiful home! Well, what I could see of it anyway! Love all your decorations!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome photos..! The white pumpkin is looking good, perfect for Halloween crafting and decor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous photos. So glad I've found your blog. I'm a blog friend with Marlene too, she's a doll. I also LOVE the Tennessee mountains.

    ReplyDelete