Welcome to Joyce's "Lucky" Hodge Podge.
and this week's answers are.....
1. What would you do if you found a pot of gold? Let's pretend that pot of gold is worth exactly $1500 (which would actually be more like a cup of gold at current values). Anyway, let's also pretend you have to spend it as opposed to making a donation somewhere. Now, tell me what you would do with that cup pot of gold?
I have always wanted to take our kids and grands away for a few days in the mountains. It’s one of those things that’s been in the back of my mind for a long time but haven’t been able to act on it due to the cost.
I could use the $1500 to rent the cabin, pay for their fuel (or maybe only part of it the way fuel prices are rapidly rising) to get there and the groceries for the week. Anytime of the year would be good but I especially would like to do take a trip in the fall, maybe over Thanksgiving.
So Joyce, when are you sending the map to find that pot of gold??? It would make me ever so happy if you did.
2. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way, shape, or form?
Not really. I usually make a batch of corned beef and cabbage at some point for DH. It’s not my favorite meal but he likes it.
3. Have you been bitten by the Spring Cleaning bug? What spring cleaning job most needs doing at your house? What spring cleaning job are you most dreading?
I can’t wait to start Spring cleaning. We a corn stove for heat. I love the heat it throws but it’s really dirty and dusty. To clean all of that up and wash down walls is a task I never mind doing in the spring as it feels so nice & clean when I’m done.
The job that needs done the most and I’m dreading the most is one in the same. Windows! I can’t stand dirty windows but in the same turn, absolutely hate washing them. It’s such a never ending battle. As soon as they’re washed, they’re dirty again!
4. lime-shamrock-sage-forest....your favorite shade of green?
Lime, sage & forest all work for me! You can keep the shamrock green though.
5. Thomas Jefferson once said, "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." So... do you believe in luck or do you believe we make our own luck?
I don’t really believe in luck but there are some people who always seem like the sun is shining on them in whatever they do. Either that or it’s the only side they let others see.
Prayer, God’s blessing and hard work is the way for me.
6. Monday (3/14) was Pi Day. Get it? 3/14 is Pi Day. Those math types are so clever, aren't they? Since I'm not one of them tell me what's your favorite piE (the edible kind)?
Lemon Meringue all the way baaabbeee!
7. That same date (3/14) was also the birth date of the late physicist, Albert Einstein. I bet he knew the value of pi. What do you think is more important and/or valuable in life...intelligence or common sense?
Both are valuable but I’d take common sense anyday over intelligence. Working at a college, I see my fair share of highly educated people who can't find their way out of a cardboard box. However, I’m fortunate that most of the people I work directly with have both common sense and intelligence and are a true pleasure to be around.
8. Insert your own random thought here...
Thinking ahead to my weekend…we are going to a fundraiser Prime Rib dinner and dessert auction for Deer Ridge Ministries on Friday night. Deer Ridge is the ministry we participated in a work project at over the Holidays. You can read more about that project here, here and here. Tomorrow afternoon, my friend Jodee and I are making four desserts for the auction. So, I’m thinking about how we’re going to display those desserts.