Thursday, October 21, 2010

Random Dozen








I haven’t participated in Lid’s Random Dozen for awhile but thought it was about time I did once again, so here we go….



1. Do you prefer to read the book or see the movie?


Definitely read the book first and if I really like it then see the movie.



2. What is your favorite holiday and why?


Can I say I like a holiday season;  pretty much from Thanksgiving to New Years? I like the whole time.
Thanksgiving is such a nice time to be reflective of all the blessings we have been given plus that weekend holds a get together with high school friends that I typically haven’t seen all year and hopefully a tradition of family cookie baking.  Last year was the first round and it was oh, so much fun. 
I love all the preparation for Christmas, the decorating, the programs, the parties, pretty much everything other than the shopping. My favorite part of Christmas though is celebrating the birth of Jesus at our candlelight Christmas Eve service at church surrounded by my family. It just doesn't get any better than that. 
Where I work we get the week between Christmas and New Years off so it turns into a nice catch-up time. Although the last two years we’ve been in New Orleans doing mission work so no catch-up happened. This year we’re doing a project closer to home which I'm reallylooking forward to.
On New Years Day we have a get together with friends which we’ve missed doing the last couple of years since we were in NOLA. Maybe this year, since we'll be closer to home that can happen once again.



3. Which do you like better - the mountains or the beach?


I’ve hardly spent any time at the beach so I would have to say the mountains, the Appalachians to be specific. I love being in and around them.



4. If money were no consideration, what vehicle would you drive?


I’m a truck girl. A red crew cab, short box Chevy 4 wheel drive, with diamond plate running boards, bed rails & tool box. Is that too specific??  I'm just a girl who knows what she wants.



5. What is your favorite cold-weather beverage?


Bigelow decaf green tea with lemon – After a little episode a month ago I now have to drink decaf. Bummer!



6. How do you communicate most often with your friends: phone, email, text, face-to-face, or Facebook?


When I can’t be face-to-face it’s email, text and phone, in that order. After the phone rings all day at work, the phone is my enemy when I get home.



7. How do you receive your mail? Mailbox on the porch, at the end of the driveway, down the street, or post office box?


We live in the country with a mailbox at the end of our driveway.



8. Of the four basic personality types - sanguine, phlegmatic, melancholic, and choleric - which is your strongest? Which is your least evident? (See definitions below.)


I’m a cross between choleric(sounds like a disease) and phlegmatic (sounds like something that needs to be hacked up!). The least likely thing I am is Melancholic. however, I am married to one. It makes for an interesting marriage! ;)



9. What do you miss the most about being 20?


I don’t think there is much I miss about being 20 other than better health. Of course at this point in the year when I was 20, I was newly pregnant and sicker than sick. Yuk! I did get a beautiful little boy for enduring all of those yukky days though.



10. How long from the time you get up, does it take you to get ready to walk out the door in the morning?


Do you mean from when the alarm goes off of when I actually roll out of bed??? Yeah, I’m a snooze alarm girl much to DH’s dismay. My alarm goes off at 5am, I’m usually up by 5:15 and walk out the door to work by 6:40 (on a good day). It actually only takes me about 25 minutes to get ready, but I usually throw in laundry, check email, eat breakfast with DH, discuss the day, etc.



11. Who handles the car maintenance and pays the bills in your family?


DH handles all of the car maintenance unless it’s a bigger job or just plain something he doesn’t want to or have time to do then the students in the Auto Department where I work take care of it. There are definitely perks to my job.  
I pay the bills and handle the bookwork. I’ve tried to give DH the job but he doesn’t seem to want it. Go Figure!



12. For those in the US, how many states have you visited? For those outside the US, how many provinces/other countries have you visited?


I’ve been in 29 states: Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, Iowa, Indiana, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, Arizona & of course, Illinois.


I’ve never been out of the country other than Canada and that was before you needed a passport to do so. In fact, I now have a passport but it has no stamps in it. Someday…

Now, go pop on over to 2nd Cup of Coffee and check out other responses.


1 comment:

  1. I always like your music here : ) Kutless was playing today.

    Glad you played along today. I need beaches and mountains. Can't imagine life without either one.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete