Sunday, October 17, 2010

Last Sunday ride?

When it gets to be late October you never know what ride will be the last for the season.   Last year we rode into the first weekend of November.  We hope for more but the weather always dictates.

We left home this morning in 43 degree temps a little after 8:00 with many,many layers of clothing on.  I sort of felt like Ralphie’s little brother in A Christmas Story as he fell in the snow bank with his snowsuit on and couldn’t get back up. 

30 minutes later we met up with friends to ride an hour west to one of our satellite church campuses in Galena, IL. 

10-17-10 to Galena campus (2) It’s always fun to visit our other campuses and today was no exception…we were able to watch the Galena congregation acknowledge their campus pastor and youth pastor (a friend of ours) in honor of Pastor Appreciation Month plus they had a potluck dinner after church which they insisted we stay for.   A great service, great friends being honored and wonderful food.  Does it get any better than that?

A few sights along the way today…..

10-17-10 to Galena campus (4)

I know, again with the barn fetish. 10-17-10 to Galena campus (6) 

10-17-10 to Galena campus (8)

Most of the leaves are off the trees here now.  What a change in only a week. 10-17-10 to Galena campus (9)

Hopefully we’ll get in a few more rides yet before that yucky white shtuff starts to fly.

 

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all the beautiful pictures. I love the old barns too and the beautiful trees. I have always wanted to go to Galena, I have seen pictures of it in Midwest Living magazine, looks like great shopping there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're riding tomorrow. Probably one of the few warm days left. So sad. I'm heading to Galena this coming weekend for our annual girl's reunion. I've never been there. Thanks for the preview. Glad you had a great getaway. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  3. White shtuff? YUCK!

    It was beautiful, but we couldn't find the motivation to get out. Hope we aren't sorry, and there are a few more opportunities.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fall but I hate the cold! I do like the crisp mornings when I can wear sweats but when it warms up during the day I'm a happy camper. :) Great pictures! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. We saw so many motorcycles out this weekend. Its a nice place to ride because there's lots of countryside. And of course the leaves are spectacular. When we're out in my our little MG the bikers always wave at us and give us the thumbs up. Its fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you get several more rides before the white stuff hits...

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH this sounds like such fun. I have a barn fetish too! I love them. Hope you get more rides in before cold weather.

    ReplyDelete