Friday, July 25, 2008

Lookin out my back door - Summer edition

This spring I showed you what it looked like out my back door, so I thought it would be fun to do a summer version.



A view across the field at the farm I grew up on.



Now that's some tall corn for as late of a start as it got with the wet spring we had. I'm 6 foot tall and I would guess my reach to be about 7-1/2 feet. It's taller than I can reach. Anymore, the old saying of "knee high by the fourth of July" doesn't hold true. The corn around here is usually much taller by then.

See the yellow cat by my feet. That's Fuzzybutt. He's such a sweetie. He used to be an indoor cat until the hair he spread about got the best of me. He's much happier outside anyway. One of these days, I'll post Fuzzybutt's story. He's a pretty darn resilient kitty!



I just love orange "ditch lilies." Something about them screams summertime to me!


The flower bed to the NW corner of our house. In this flower bed is pink spirea, barberry bushes and lots of lilies.


Isn't this a pretty color? It's actually more burgundy in person than in the picture. I'm never sure how well these will come back. This particular flower bed gets the brunt of the winter winds. It usually takes to July until it really starts to look decent.



Ok, so this isn't really looking out my back door. These are on my front porch. They were looking pretty sick when we got back from New Orleans but then it dawned on me that I hadn't fertilized anything yet. Out came the Miracle Gro and wallah, a couple of weeks later -- beautiful red geraniums.


On another note...the radioactive scan went well today. It's pretty simple, lay on a table, don't move for 45 minutes (zzz-nap time), the machine goes over my body and I'm done. I always try and read the technicians expressions but this guy was a hard read today so I really don't know anything. I saw the scan results up on his screen, but of course, don't know what I am looking at. I'll be glad to get the all clear though. I should have the results by middle of next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment