Thursday, July 10, 2008

Before and After

We had a wicked storm front come through tonight that had the most incredible cloud formations. We were fortunate that we only received rains from it and not the high winds and hail as they did only 20 miles east of us. I just had to share these pictures of the clouds.

BEFORE - As the storm marches towards us


it closes in..
(note the cool mailbox Joe painted for us - however, please don't note the weeds)

it sure looks like we are going to get pounded as it gets darker...


and darker..


and even darker yet...





AFTER - alot of rain, wild lightning, a little bit of wind, oh did I mention alot of rain and wild lightning???


a double rainbow


Giving way to a stunning sunset! Settings like this make me wonder how people can doubt the existence of our creator. I see God's handiwork all over a scene such as this.


The after pictures are a bit dark. Someday I will learn what setting to use on my camera so twilight pictures turn out better, but wanted to share them anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, The pictures are great!
    We finally had a decent shower yesterday here for the first time in weeks. The garden really apprecieated it.
    Thanks for stopping by my site.
    I really enjoyed my vistit here.
    Wonderful photos!
    Have a great weekend.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your pictures are amazing! I was not raised in the South and these storms are something to behold! What power! You are right, how can anyone experience such strength and still doubt the Lord's existence. One step deeper ... He calls those that belong to Him ... friends! Whew!
    Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

    ReplyDelete