Saturday, June 21, 2008

Too funny

You will either get my sense of humor after this or think I'm a complete and utter weirdo, but I have to share about our trip to Lowe's tonight.

Keep in mind, Dan & I are from small town Northern Illinois so coming to New Orleans can be somewhat of a cultural eye opener for us. You know the ole "your not in Kansas anymore Toto" thing.

As we are standing waiting in the check out line at Lowe's tonight, this fellow walks by with skin tight bright yellow pants, the most psychedelic platform sneakers I have ever seen, Elton John glasses and a double star shaved into the back of his hair. I'm really not trying to be judgemental here but this is just not something we see everyday back home, ok? Anyway so I got to giggling a little bit about "only in New Orleans do I see things like this."

Then this very nicely dressed lady is having trouble with the self checkout. She must have decided she was tired of waiting for assistance so she sat down on the shelf where you bag your purchases. Now think about what happens as you bag purchases in a self checkout. If you put something there that hasn't been scanned, what does the machine say loud & clear? You got it, as she is sitting, the machine says over and over again "unidentified item in bagging area." You bet it is! Just how is a machine supposed to identify a butt when there isn't a barcode to scan?!? Then it says "touch skip bagging to proceed". Ok, I've totally lost all composure at this point and am doubled over. Poor Dan is trying to keep a straight face through it all and I'm in a heap! She just kept sitting there as the machine repeated itself over and over. I don't know if I'll ever be able to use a self-check register again and not laugh.

If you don't see the humor in this, feel free to totally forget you ever read this and pretend you don't know me!

2 comments:

  1. LOL ~ I really like you!

    Farmgirl blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while! Thanks so much for sharing the story. Blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete