Monday, June 9, 2008

Rockin' our weekend...

Storms, storms and more storms...

It's been a very stormy, rainy time here in Northwest Illinois. However, I'm thankful we haven't had the extreme rains like central Illinois. Our son, Luke, who lives by Springfield,said they had 10" of rain in the last few days. But my oh my have we had some nasty storms.

I love to sit on the porch and watch the clouds and lightning roll in but once the wind starts up, I turn into Chicken Little. Our home sits on a hill in the middle of farm fields. We jokingly call it the "Big House on the Prairie." If there is any wind, we're going to feel it.

The picture above is of clouds that rolled in last night just before dark. Fortunately, we got mostly rain out of it and not much wind, so I didn't feel the urge to go to the basement. Yes, I said basement. I told you I was a chicken. I take a book, a flashlight and my cell phone and sit in the basement while Dan stays upstairs and watches. Once in awhile he'll come down but I think it's just to humor me.

The picture below is of our big pussy willow bush that was uprooted by a storm a week ago. It seemed like most of the roots were intact yet so we stuffed it back in the ground and are hoping for the best. It's such a nice, full bush, I really hate to lose it. Plus the bonus is it hides the propane tank from view.

No comments:

Post a Comment