Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma Great!


Last night we had the honor of celebrating my mother-in-laws 82nd birthday. My sister-in-law was gracious to open up her home and do all the cooking. I for one was extremely appreciative of that part! What made the evening even more special was it was the first time all of her Great-grandchildren have been together at the same time, so of course we had to take a "generations" picture or two. The first one is of the great grandkids(from left,Tyler, Madison,in back, Ava and baby Owen) with Grandma. The next would be her kids, grandsons who are now Daddy's and the greats. From left:GS-Vince, D-Kathy, GGS-Tyler, GS-Jason, D-Sandy, GGD-Madison, Grandma, GGS-Owen, GS-Jon, GGD-Ava and S-Dan(my sweetie). I love pictures like this that show the heritage of a family, don't you?

A friend of mine, upon her retirement gave me a pillow with the following saying about friends but the same could be said for family.

"A person goes through life meeting all different kinds of people. They will go in and out of your life, but some of these people really get to know you and accept you for who and what you are. These people are called true friends and are always close at heart."

Families accept each other for who you are, good qualities, bad qualities, quirks, and all. I have also been extremely blessed to have some friends in my life that are more like family than friends. They know what I'm thinking without me saying a word. All it takes is "the look." They seem to know when I need a call or email even when I haven't realized it yet. These are the people (friends and family alike) I know will always be part of my life no matter what. I praise God for each and every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment