Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday question of the day

I haven’t posted a Monday question of the day for a while and I’m in need of some inspiration.

I am helping decorate for a niece’s wedding reception in early September.  We have most of the decorations planned out already but thought there may be a great idea out there that we haven’t thought of yet.

Her colors are lime green(predominant) & orange.  When I asked her what she saw her reception looking like, she said “rustic elegance”.  She was also quick to specify rustic, not redneck.  :)  I’m not so sure she trusts her Aunt Lori sometimes(teehee).  The reception will be held in a large metal building at the local county fairgrounds.

When you hear the term “rustic elegance” what do you think of? 

No right or wrong answers, just looking for more inspiration.  I know you all have great ideas so please load me up with with comments. :)

3 comments:

  1. that's a tough one...when I hear rustic elegance I don't think lime green and orange : ) I'm sure whatever you come up with will be beautiful...you have the crafty gene remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister gave me a book last year from Nell Hills which has some gorgeous stuff that I would call elegant and rustic. You might check out http://www.nellhillsblog.com and also her website for some ideas. (When I think of rustic elegance I think of twigs, vines, greenery mixed with ribbons and such. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay when I think of rustic elegance I think of wagon wheels, dinner bells and lots of greenery. I also think beautiful shining copper....it all will be beautiful I'm sure.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete