Friday, August 8, 2008

Lookin' off my front porch

It's spraying season in farm country.

This afternoon as I was working at the desk, I heard this incredible roar overhead. As I looked out the aerial spray plane was in front of the house, not much higher than the electrical poles.

I have to admit, chemicals aside, it's darn fun to watch him as he dips and rises over the trees and wires. I am no airplane fanatic and I really HATE to fly but this fascinates me.



Making the loop


Dropping lower



Incoming!



Take that you fungus!
After consulting my sister-in-law, the farmer, they're spraying for a fungus of some type that is prevalent in a wet year which this year has definitely been.



Return lap- it just amazes me how low they can get.

1 comment:

  1. Lori I'm amazed that you're afraid to fly! What's to be afraid of? You'll either get where you intended to (and surely you wouldn't be going there if it wasn't a fun place?) or you'll get to heaven! Now what's bad about either of those? :) Blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete