Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Jersey Wednesday Hodge Podge questions

My friend Joyce of “From this side of the pond”  has posted her weekly Hodge Podge questions.  I don’t’ participate nearly often enough but love to read everyone else’s responses.  Does that make me a creeper???


1. Will you watch the Super Bowl? If so who will you root for? If you are outside the USA what is the 'big deal sporting event' in your own country?
To this, I have an terribly unpatriotic, un-American answer.  I really don’t’ care about the Super Bowl or football, or most major league sports for that matter.  I would much rather watch high school or college ball where they are playing more for the love of the game than the $$$$$ they are raking in as adults “playing”.   Our church is having a Super Bowl party so we may attend that though but as more of a social event.  They’re having a best wings, best dip and best dessert contest along with the party.  Now, that I can sink my teeth into!

2. Is ignorance bliss?
Sometimes it’s not all bad.  There were past events involving my children that I was more than happy to hear about after the fact than before or during. 

3. Which of the seven dwarfs are you? (and just in case your Disney is a little bit rusty, here they are-Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy)
hmmm..
Bashful – probably not – that’s never been a term used to describe me, just sayin’…
Doc – I do attempt to fix things, although sometimes with not such hot results especially when it comes to people. Sad smile
Dopey – the further into menopause I get, the Dopier I’m getting!
Grumpy – not so much, I try to have a positive spin on most things.
Happy – not always, but most of the time I adapt to the circumstances at hand.
Sleepy – for sure, especially when that darned alarm clock goes off at 5am.  I AM the snooze alarm queen!
Sneezy – only in the late Spring – achoo!

4. When you are riding in the car with another couple how do you organize the seating? (Men up front? Women up front? Couples sit together?)
Thanks for the shout out on this one Joyce.  We actually do both.  Most of the time it’s men up front and ladies in the back.  Do I really want to hear about the latest tractor or car deal?  I’d rather sit in the back and talk woman stuff with my friend.  Unless we take our two door car, then I’m more than willing to suffer through the tractor talk to not have to climb in and out of our back seat.

5. What is beauty?
When I think of beauty, I don’t think people, I think of God’s creation that’s all around us.  I never cease to be amazed by it. 

Blue Ridge Parkway view 4

6. If someone asks you to bring an appetizer or a dessert to a party in their home, which would you choose?

It varies for me and depends on what I’m hungry for or in the mood to make.  More often than not anymore I shy away from the sweets and head into appetizer land.  Give me a good dip any day and I’m happy!

7. What is your crowd pleasing go-to appetizer?
I make a killer Swiss Cheese bread that’s loaded with butter, Swiss cheese and mushrooms.  There’s not many people that don’t like it, other than son Joe.  He picks the mushrooms off.  Crazy kid!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
The Grands are coming for an overnight Friday night and I am excited!




7 comments:

  1. I'm of the camp of couples together in the car... I think it worked out just fine. :)

    As for the Swiss Cheese Bread... I'm with Joe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with #5 and I absolutely love that picture of the mountains...So Beautiful!! God is the best landscape artist! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought was creation too. People disagree on what constitutes beauty in a person but everyone agrees a sunrise or a mountaintop view are beautiful. Your cheese bread sounds fab...I would not pick out the mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so feeling the "dopey" answer........I just laughed out loud at that one. I love the thought of beauty being God's creation around us. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm hungry for your Swiss Cheese Bread! It's been a long time since I've had some. It is sooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm not american and I live in Switzerland. We've got loads of mountains here - but no swiss cheese bread ! What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the sports thing...loved reading your answers...

    ReplyDelete