Monday, August 24, 2009

Fair Time!

It's fair time!

I spent Saturday and Sunday at the Illinois State Fair staffing a booth for the college where I work. DH stayed home and I was able to share a couple of days with my sisters which we don't do near enough. We didn't even want to kill each other by the time we got home. How great is that? or at least I didn't, maybe they were ready to throw me out of the car, not sure and may have to ponder on that one....


I haven't been to the State Fair in at least 15 years when the boys had 4-H projects being judged there. Both years we went, the temps were 100+. Praise God not this year as we were in a tent, not one of the air conditioned buildings.
I was located in the Governor's Illinois Innovations tent which showcased colleges in Illinois who have new and innovative programs. I was there promoting our new Wind Turbine Technician degree.

The fairgrounds are just as beautiful as I remembered.
I love the classic style of the entrance and buildings. This building is the Exposition Hall.

I even saw some relatives of ours there! :)

Here's lookin' at you Abe...you throw a great fair!




1 comment:

  1. You are right. The buildings and grounds are beautiful.

    Nice to meet your relatives! LOL!
    Have a GREAT week!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete