Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We're stacking...


This is a picture of the quilt I have been trying to get the binding sewn on since Sunday afternoon. I am so close. I even started it, but other "duties" keep getting in the way. So here it sits, calling my name, but I'm not answering!

I have been planning/working/cooking ahead as much as I can. We have a busy weekend coming up with a number of houseguests, a Relay for Life meeting here on Saturday afternoon and a meal on Sunday for a 50-member choir from Springfield, Missouri who are coming to perform at our church. I'm "stacking" to use a phrase coined by a goof friend of ours who are pros at the "stacking" thing! When I was asked to cook the meal for the choir, I was all over it. I really enjoy serving in the hospitality capacity. All the while knowing as I was saying yes that I had a Relay for Life meeting here on Saturday and not seeing why that would be an issue. Now, let's add to that the fact that we are also hosting two of the students coming for Saturday night. This means, the guest rooms and extra bathroom have to be cleaned. They are in our upstairs which we've had closed off for the winter months. Can you say dead bugs on the window sills and dust bunnies running races with each other. Yuk! The stack is starting to get higher. Then, last night,our son and daughter-in-law called. They are going to be in the area with 3 friends on Saturday and Sunday for a horse show and will all be staying with us Saturday night as well(time to get out the air beds). The stack is getting gi-normous! We're happy to see Luke & Laurie though, even if it's only for a brief time. It should be a fast, furious and fun weekend. Of course, I will be enjoying every minute of it, but may need to go to work on Monday to rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment