Monday, April 7, 2008

Crockpot Monday

Did I ever mention how much I love the crockpot? It's so nice to come home from work at the end of the day, walk in the house and smell supper cooking. I use it at least twice a week if not more. Tonight I prepared a spaghetti sauce I cook in the crockpot for supper tomorrow night. The sauce will be ready, cook some noodles, have a little french bread, maybe a salad and wallah! supper! without much hassle.

Here's the recipe for sauce I found and then altered to suit our taste a few years ago..

Crockpot spaghetti sauce
75 ounces canned tomatoes & tomato sauce (approx 1/2 of each)
12 ounces tomato paste
1 1/2 cloves garlic
1/2 large onion, chopped
1/2 tsp rosemary
1 1/2 tablespoons each of oregano, basil & parsley
1 - 2 bay leaves
a few shakes of ground red pepper
a shake of salt

Combine all in the crockpot and cook on low for 8 - 9 hours or high for 3 - 4 hours.

This is a good base sauce and you can add from there. Tonight, I browned some ground beef (only because Dan thinks it has to have meat in it - I prefer veggies myself), added some chopped up orange & green peppers & baby bella mushrooms. Spinach is really good too but I didn't have any.

Give it a try and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great - I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the recipe, Lori.

    ReplyDelete