Joyce from "From this side of the pond" is giving a whack at some Wednesday random-ness. Stop on over and help her get it off the ground with some good ol' fashioned participation.
This week's Hodge or is it Podge? is...
1. Do you think you're more like your mom or your dad?
I am way more like my Mom in mannerisms, attitude and looks but definitely have some of my Dad's stubbornness.
2. Do you like roller coasters?
Nope, nada, no way, nein, uh uh, get the picture??
3. How did you name your blog and do you now wish you'd thought about it maybe another five minutes before you hit publish? Would you change your blog title if it were not a huge pain in the derriere? (French makes everything sound a little nicer doesn't it?)
I named my blog in a hurry as an experiment while taking a web design class. I never in a million years thought I would still be writing it today. I might have named it something different if I could have thought of something else and maybe will someday if I can ever think of something else I think I can live with for the duration but for now, it is as it is.
4. What is the best wedding gift you received? Not married? Didn't get any gifts? Then what is the best wedding gift you've given?
We got this really cool pitcher that has dead animals hanging on a spit around the sides. It sounds yukky, doesn't it? But really it's not. It's very unique and in watercolor type shades. I love it!
5. What is the one bill you most hate to pay?
Anything to do with healthcare. It seems they are rarely right as we're always waiting on insurance and they just remind me that I'm not in near as good of shape as I'd like to be.
6. Is the glass half full or half empty?
Half-full or more, bay-bee! It does make for an interesting union as I'm married to Mr. Half-empty and leaking!
7. What is your favorite word? Okay okay. Calm down. How about one of your favorite words?
Grandma! I love hearing it come out of my darling grandkids mouths!
8. Now, this is where you insert one random thought of your own...maybe something that struck you as funny, something that recently had you scratching your head in confusion, something that annoyed you a teensy bit, something on your to do list, something you are looking forward to, whatever. As long as it is in keeping with the friendly tone we've all come to know and love on Wednesdays then we're good. Don't make me get out my wooden spoon.
I'm thinking about how it is that some people constantly surround themselves with drama. There is always a crisis (sometimes self-induced) or drama. Please understand, I know there are really crisis situations that happen to people but there are so many that think it's a crisis when it's really not. Life is too short for that stuff! Can you tell I work with college students???