Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday night walkabout

I took a walk around the yard tonight not long before sunset.  Can I share what I saw with you?  Yes?  Why, thank you for indulging me.  :)IMG_3837I’ve got a thing for red geraniums and King Tut grass.
IMG_3842My feeble attempt at container gardening…a pepper plant, a tomato plant and a few herbs: basil, parsley, cilantro and chinese chives.
IMG_3848Love ol’ Glory flying out front of the house.
IMG_3843This dinner bell was in my Dad’s family.
 IMG_3844 DH doing one last prep on the soil to plant some sunflowers.
IMG_3845 The saying used to be if your corn was “knee high by the 4th of July” you had a good crop.  How about over my head and tasseling already?   That must mean a really good year, right?
IMG_3846The big flower bed behind the garage looking NW towards our deck.
IMG_3849  Love this mailbox.  Our son, Joe painted it for us for Christmas one year.  I’ll guarantee it’s the only one like it around.IMG_3840 Flower bed in front of the house.  I’ve also got a thing for farm primitives, can you tell?
IMG_3852This lil’ guy holds a special place in my heart.  Our son & then girlfriend, now wife gave this to me a few years ago.  Our boys spent hours and hours on their pedal tractors.  This brings back great memories everytime I look at it.
There you have it, thanks for coming along on my walkabout!


























8 comments:

  1. Your yard is so pretty! I love looking out and seeing the fields beside your house. There is nothing better than fresh corn. And I love all your sentimental things you have in your yard. I have things that mean a lot to me in my flower beds. Your field of sunflowers will sure be beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me! I love your yard and all your pretties. Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty yard! And you chose the perfect time of day for a photo tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, your yard is lovely. I'll bet it's nice and peaceful living outside of town. I'd love to try it some day:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, Lori. I love your neck of the woods. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your place...love old glorie flying....1st time visitor...will definately be back...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so many beautiful spots in your yard!

    ReplyDelete