Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Losing my focus

Every once in a while, I get to feeling unsettled. My mom would have called it "antsy." I'm not sure why but the last couple of days have been that way for me.

Sometimes it happens when I'm worried but that's not the case right now. Other times, it occurs when I'm impatiently waiting on something.

Most of the time though, as much as I hate to admit, it happens when I'm doing life my way without God's input. It kind of sneaks up on me and I don't even realize that's what going on.
I haven't had a quiet time in a couple of weeks, haven't done any real Bible reading and in general have just over-booked myself. I've been trying to do too much without even realizing that's what I'm doing until it manifests itself through this incredible unsettled feeling. For instance this past weekend we (Dan & I) organized the food for a Dad's Day Motor Show at church. I love to serve especially in an organizational capacity as that seems to be where I'm gifted but I didn't find any real joy in serving at this event. It was a fun event but I had none of that internal joy that should be there while serving my Lord. It was more of a job than a joy.
I lost my focus. This has happened before and when it occurs, I like to watch this video to bring things back into focus and help me get back on track again. I serve an amazing God. The church is my vehicle to serve but my God is where my focus should be, not on the church function but on Him as my personal friend. Everything falls into perspective once I am reminded once again of how wonderful my God truly is.

Don't forget to pause the music on the sidebar before you start the video.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I've misplaced my joy lately too. Needed this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Lori. I haven't been as busy as you the last couple of weeks but I did need to be reminded of all that He does for me since I sometimes seem to forget. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete