Sunday, August 24, 2014

Liebster Award Acceptance and Nominees

Note:  I have absolutely no idea why there are white boxes around this post.  Oi!  



Thank you (is this something I should really be thanking her for?) to Kim at Irishman Acres for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I had no idea what this was so am thankful to Kim that she explained the rules.  It's also taken me a bit of time to get around to doing this.  I love that it's aimed at smaller blogs.  I've never really cared much how many followers I've had.  My writing has turned into something more therapeutic for me than something to be noticed.  


"The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers .
"Liebster" in 
German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome"

The Rules of the Liebster Award state;
  • Each person must post 11 things about themselves by answering the questions that the nominator has set for you.
  • You must create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer. You must choose 11 people (with less than 200 followers) and link to them in your post.
  • Go to their page and let them know!
  • No tag backs!

These are the questions from Kim I'm supposed to answer.  Here you go, all you may or may not have ever wanted to know.


1) What made you want to start your blog?  I actually started my blog when I was taking a web design course.  I was hoping that it would assist me in understanding the class.  However, Blogspot made it so user friendly and easy, it didn't help with the class much.  In the end, I passed, nuff said, good enough.

2) What is your favorite restaurant?  Anything BBQ is always at the top of my list.  I like to eat out once in a while but quite honestly, I prefer to cook at home.  Many times I can make meals better and way more healthy than what I am paying someone $$ to do for me and may not end up liking.  I enjoy the social aspect of going out to eat with people but many times I do prefer my own cooking.

3) What is your dream job, if you could do it?  I would love to own a quilt shop.  I'd also like to run a bed & breakfast.  Maybe a combo of the two???  hmmmm

4) Morning or night person, and why?  It takes me a few hits on the snooze alarm to get up in the mornings but once I'm upright, I'm more than ready to get rolling.  The promise of a new day and what it may bring always excites and challenges me.

5) What would you tell your teenage self if you could?  "Don't be afraid to try new things for fear of failing or embarrassing yourself".

6) If you could live anywhere else, where would that be?  My dream home is a cabin in the mountains of East Tennessee.  I could wake up to a view like this everyday.  No problem.
For now, though I'm settling for the view of beautiful Midwest corn & soybeans fields and I'm okay with that.  It's all in God's timing.

7) All-time favorite place to shop?  I do most of my shopping online so it really varies where I shop and for what.  However, I can browse Hobby Lobby for hours.

8) Favorite thing to wear? Your go-to outfit?  It all depends on the occasion but I'm most comfortable and feel the best in good fitting jeans, a nice white or black blouse and my boots.  I do like my riding jacket tho because it means motorcycling!

9) If you had a whole day to yourself, what would you do with it?  I would love to say I would quilt all day long but reality crashes in.  I'm too attention challenged for that most of the time, so probably quilt a bit, read a little and cook something unless I have a closet that needs organized...I'm all over that!

10) Are you still friends with your childhood buddies?   Yes, some of them.  There is a group of girls I went to high school with that get together every year Thanksgiving weekend.  This year is our 35 year class reunion and we've been together that one day a year every year but one.  Love these ladies!

  
11) How many blogs do you follow religiously, and who are your favorites and why? I currently have 45 in my Feedly reader.  I like them all but for different reasons and content or I wouldn't be following them silly.

Now on to who I would like to nominate for the Liebster Award. 


So after I counted, I realized I have 13.  So much for rules.  If I have more than 11 maybe I'll end up with 11 that actually participate.  That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. 

And the questions I am submitting for the above bloggers to answer in all of their randomness are as follows........[drum roll]

1)  What is your favorite holiday and why?
2)  Do you get road rage while driving?
3)  True confessions time...if the speed limit is 55, how fast do you typically drive?  exactly 55?  over?  under?  by how much?
4)  What do you do to unwind at the end of the day?  or do you have no need to unwind?
5)  What qualities are important for someone to be a friend to you?
6)  How many times in your adult life have you moved to a different home?
7)  What would your dream car be?
8)  I know I'm not to repeat questions(again-rules, schmules) but curiosity is killing me...why did you start blogging?
9)  How would you describe the decor in your home?  Is it eclectic, any particular theme?  style? what are your favorite things in your home?  etc.....
10)  Since today is Sunday, please describe a typical Sunday for you.
11)  What is your all time favorite food that you rarely cook at home but love to order when you are at a restaurant?

There are your 11 questions.  I did follow that rule. Ha!  Enjoy ladies, you can thank me later.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment