Monday, June 30, 2014

Update time


Two weeks ago, I was able to transition from this ...


to this.  Progress!



Although, I was directed to not put any weight on it yet.  Until today!  Technically, I cheated and started yesterday a bit.  There is some pain involved but nothing like I was told to expect.  Honestly, my knee is probably more sore than my foot and ankle from kneeling and bearing my weight on the scooter these past 8 weeks.  

Instructions were to only put 25% of my total weight on it for 5 days, then 50%, then 75%, etc.  The worst part of all of that is it means I have to go back to using crutches which seem incredibly awkward to me.  I'm hoping I'll get a smoother hang of them the more I use them.

I also started back to work last week.  I've been working half days in the office and half days from home.  It's been going well and it feels good to be getting back into my "normal" routine.  However, it's kicking my tail and when I come home I feel like doing this


 instead of the work I should be doing from home but I've been pushing through and glad I did.  It's all progress for which I am thankful. :)

4 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Progress is good! Glad you are moving forward. Hopefully the crutches will get easier and be gone before long. And keep getting that rest - your body is working hard! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you have more mobility. It must be great to be able to take the velcro cast off to shower. I can see why crutches would be awkard but I'll bet you'll master them before too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet you miss the purple!!! Crutches are tougher than they look, don't let anyone kid you!!!! Hopefully time will pass and you'll be dancing before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! And thank you for commenting on my blog. I don't know if you realize it, but you are set to "no reply" so I am not able to e-mail you back about your nice comments :o) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete