Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Just look away....another lesson in the learning

I typically try to "git r done" so not being able to do that has been a slightly frustrating challenging.  I have had to learn the tolerance of not everything being clean and in it's place.  I don't have a spotless house by any means but I do like things picked up and in their place without a bunch of clutter.  I don't work well in clutter, nuff said.  DH has done a wonderful job of keeping the house up as he is able, keeping things in my line of sight from the recliner tidy and the cupboard doors shut. Oi!  Does that bother anyone else?  A cupboard door left hanging open?  Oh my, but that's a topic for another post someday on the OCD qualities that have taken up residence in my brain. 

I am now 3-1/2 weeks post surgery(yea!) and 4 weeks since the last time my house was really cleaned.  
It's.driving.me.crazy!  

In the grand scheme of things it's probably not so bad.  In fact, we've looked at homes for sale that were much dirtier than ours but everyone has a specific level of tolerance until things drive them batty, right?  For instance, from where I am sitting, I can see dust on areas of our hardwood floor and on the furniture.  Small potatoes, right?  I was also just out sitting on our front porch and of course, I noticed(cuz that's how I'm wired)  how dirty the porch was and how badly it needs sweeping.  Again extremely high on the importance scale?  Not at all but sometimes it's those little things. 

All this to say, I have had to learn to tolerate some things that quite honestly really aren't all that important in the grand scheme of life.  I've had to just look away and realize my and DH's limitations.  Quite honestly (and sure in retrospect), I think it's been good for me to go through this and really focus on what's important and not on what isn't done.  My list doesn't need every box to be checked each day.  So for now, I am putting it in perspective(a topic for another post), and choosing to erase the "in" and am practicing tolerance. :)



2 comments:

  1. When I was pregnant with my youngest son and on bed rest, the baseboards bothered me so badly that my husband cleaned them for me. I know it was simply because I was sitting there looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, God has definitely put you off your feet for a reason..He is definitely showing you some great lessons that are speaking to me also.. I guess that is what our troubles and trials are all about.. Growing us up in the Spirit and possibly touching others as He "grow" us up....I am a perfectionist in so many ways...one of my character flaws but at times can be used greatly for God.. I just have to be aware of who is using me..the enemy or God...is a perfectly clean house worth it....sometimes we just need to relax and enjoy God.. I can so be a Martha instead of Mary....lol I am so sorry about your leg but God sure is speaking to your heart.. One of the things I will say about tolerance in todays world....The "world/enemy works so hard to try to make/force us as believers to be tolerant of thiings that we should not.....making us feel outcast if we trust the Word of God and disagree with the system.. When it comes to the Word of God and truth....I will always stand with truth...there are some things I will never tolerate...thanks again for making me think and reminding me.....to just let things go! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete