Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dessert Auction 2012

A couple of weeks ago a local ministry, Deer Ridge Ministry held their annual prime rib dinner and dessert auction.  You can see pictures from last years dinner here and here.

This years theme was “All About Chocolate”.

A girlfriend and I once again, baked a few items for it.

I made Espresso “Cup” cakes with a whipped cream cheese espresso filling.

IMG_9416

a way over the top chocolate candy bar cake.  It was chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting, with chocolate chips on the sides and crushed up Butterfingers and other assorted chunks of candy bars on top, then more chocolate drizzled over the top of it.IMG_9400

We combined efforts on the cream puff cake again.  I made the puff and the whipped cream while she made the filling and dipped the strawberries.

IMG_9415

Some of the other desserts that were auctioned off….

IMG_9402

IMG_9407IMG_9408IMG_9409IMG_9410IMG_9414

There were 27 desserts in all.
Are you hungry yet??? 
Always a fun evening!

10 comments:

  1. Lori - OMG, I have never seen anything like this! Everything looks wonderful! A chocolate paradise. Yes, of course I could take one of each of those. There is a lot of talent going on here. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G.
    All sins and temptations lined in a row... hahaha!

    A real feest... for the eye as wel as the tongue.

    Greets,

    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful desserts!!! You girls are talented. I can even ice a sheet ckae with canned frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Not a good day to look at all of those treats...trying hard to keep my diet clean this week lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you'd have a great post on this and thought I'd just link it. I posted too soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Those all look soooo scrumptious!!! YUMMM! Two more weeks, then I can have chocolate again. Can barely wait! Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay, girl, need a recipe for those chocolate cups! I promise, I won't take credit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally and completely amazed by the desserts that you show each year. And jealous that I'm not there. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. Those desserts look amazing! I think I gained 10 lbs just looking at the pictures. Thanks for stopping by and visiting and for your kind words about my pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did you make the espresso Cupcakes? You didn't bake in the cup, but just dropped the cupcake into the cup? Very nice?

    ReplyDelete