Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stay-cation riding

We had planned to go away on a mini-vacation with the motorcycles for a long weekend but as the time neared we decided that we really didn’t want to be gone more than a day or two right now and to get a hotel room on a Saturday night during prime leaf looking is next to impossible, so we stayed home and rode out from here.

It worked out great.  Joe & Kristen(son & daughter-in-law and riding companions) came home late Friday night so we could head out right away Saturday morning.  We rode all day Saturday and came back to our house for supper and sleeping.  How nice it was to relax like a vacation with no packing and no nasty hotel bed! I could sleep in my own bed which I knew had been laundered recently.  I try not to think about those things when we stay in a hotel but sometimes I do wonder.  Ok, so I confess, I’m Lori and I’m a tad bit of a germophobe but that’s a story for another post.

On Sunday we rode most of the day as well.  We didn’t very far from home but sure added up the miles.  We have some beautiful riding roads within 30 – 40 miles of our home.  Here’s just a small sampling of what we saw over the weekend.

IMG_8131IMG_8268IMG_8290IMG_8192IMG_8241IMG_8275IMG_8151

IMG_8298

I love autumn!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! We are looking at doing the same thing for our anniversary this weekend...hotel beds creep. me. OUT. (too many datelines I guess!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a super stay-cation! And you are so smart planning meals ahead to have them ready when you got home. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea for a couple of days of riding! I'm always worried about those hotel beds too that's why we like to take our RV when we can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent plan! I agree with you about hotels. I'm turning into Monk! Remember the germaphobe detective? It's hard to get a really clean hotel room no matter how much you spend. I don't sleep well away either. Of course, I'm also afraid to ride on a motorcycle......never mind!
    Debbie/ofhispasture

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gotten to the point where I need to have at least one staycation each year. Like you, I sleep best in my own bed too!

    ReplyDelete