Saturday, February 12, 2011

A dose of Springtime

These little beauties arrived at my desk Monday morning very much to my surprise.  If it wasn’t for the florist who delivered them I would have thought they were for someone else.  She’s a family friend from out of the town I work in.  Pretty much everyone else at work uses in town florists.   They were from my DH.  He said he told her he wanted Springtime in a vase.  This works!  

IMG_5878

Maybe he was feeling a tad guilty escaping sub zero temps for 70 degrees and leaving me here??  Possibly?

DH left last Sunday for a mission trip at New Tribes Homes in Sanford, Florida.  New Tribes Homes is residential living for retired missionaries.  They spent most of their week putting a roof on a new pavilion. 

He’s due home tomorrow night and I can’t wait!  Once you’ve lived together this long, it seems really strange to be apart for a length of time plus being alone isn’t my favorite thing to be.  It’s not that I’m afraid but I just really, really don’t like it thus I don’t sleep well when DH is gone.  So not only am I emotionally & mentally ready for him be home, my body is more than ready for a good night’s sleep! 

My hats go off to you ladies whose husbands travel on a regular basis!   

6 comments:

  1. I am just like you. I don't like to be alone. I like to know that my hubby is in the house somewhere. Now I love my "me" time but he's got to be there somewhere close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are beautiful, and that Dan is definitely a keeper. I know he missed you as much as you missed him. What a wonderful thing he did in Florida. I don't mind being alone for a day or two, but I am always glad when Louie is back home safe and sound. Have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tulips!

    My hubs has always traveled with his job but this new role really requires a lot and most is international which often means losing a day of the weekend in order to be somewhere on a Monday. You get used to it I think. We try to make the most of at home time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tulips are my favorite flower. Yours are gorgeous! Your husband is just a few miles from my parents.

    Oddly enough, I'm the one that is traveling these days. I leave tomorrow and won't be back until Thursday. Traveling for work is new to me, not sure I like it yet, and my husband keeps asking "Do you think you'll always travel this much?".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your family's mission minded hearts.....you are great! I understand completely, when my husband is gone away I just do not rest and get so out os sync. I hope he returns home safely. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete