Tuesday, April 20, 2010

DONE with four days to spare

My posts have been pretty quiet on the quilting front but I haven’t been just sitting around watching trains on YouTube, ya know. 

Gotta love that little foot propped up on the desk :) .
IMG_3373

In fact, I’ve been busy since there is a special little boy who’s going to be two years old on Saturday and is crazy about the movie Cars. 

So what does a quilting Grandma get said young ‘un for his birthday?  A Cars quilt of course,complete with appliquéd roads to drive those cars on!

IMG_3418 Please ignore the wrinkles.  It was folded up to take along today and show a friend I was having lunch with.  Right now it’s in the dryer getting all softened up so that special two year old can cuddle up in it.

IMG_3423

We saw this saying on a plaque while we were on vacation.  I knew as soon as I saw it that it was going on the back of this quilt!

IMG_3428

And yes, his birthday isn’t until Saturday, but I’m not spoiling the surprise.  Mom & Dad have already seen it and he’s still too little to look at my blog, so I’m safe.

 

8 comments:

  1. What a special quilt! I'm sure the birthday boy is going to absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 year old will love the quilt that Grandma made. And how cute is that picture of him on grandpa's lap looking at the computer!

    I love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool. He will love that! And I love the feet propped up... Making memories!

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a very special quilt! His eyes are going to pop when he sees it.

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's gonna love it! I can just imagine all of the adventures he'll have on those hand stitched roads :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! You and Dan are so creative. I remember a birthday cake last year. Loved it! I know your little guy will just love the quilt. Be blessed! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so cute. I love it. Please forgive me for not being around lately. I am trying to get back to reading blogs. Please keep us in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited to see this!! :) Such a smart idea to hang it on the line for pictures. Cute!!

    You did a great job and I know he will love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete