Sunday, October 25, 2009

Playin’ Hooky

It doesn’t matter how old we get, sometimes it’s just plain fun to play hooky! 

I love riding motorcycle in autumn but we’ve have had a very wet & cool October so our fall riding has been limited.  It seems like the best days weather-wise have been during the week when we’re working. 

This past Wednesday was forecasted to be another cold, rainy day.  However, in the morning, I had to run an errand across campus and it was a beautifully warm and sunny indian summer kind of day.  The weather man sure missed this one!  

I was thinking to myself how great it would be if we could just go for a ride but knew Dan was busy with a bunch of different projects.   Not sure if it was mental telepathy or the fact that we’ve been married long enough to think alike, but lo and behold, as I came back in my office there was a message waiting for me saying  “Take the afternoon off and let’s go riding.”  Wow, twist my arm!

Now, before you think I’m somekind of slacker, I didn’t actually play hooky.  I was all legal-like and submitted my absence request for what is called a “personal day” which can be taken anytime on a moments notice.  I couldn’t  think of a better reason to take  a half of one than what was probably going to be the last warm bike ride of the season.  

We headed northwest to JoDaviess County.  The trees were at their peak.  The ride did not disappoint, the views were stunning.

You want to see pictures?  Why, of course I’ll share them with you.  I thought you’d never ask.

Oct 21 ride (11)   Oct 21 ride (4) Oct 21 ride (45) Oct 21 ride (22) Oct 21 ride (51) Oct 21 ride (23)

5 comments:

  1. That's *exactly* what personal days are for! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos! Days like that are too few not to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, I love the pics. Lovely, lovely. Who knows if you'll get another one like that.Hubby rides; I don't. Past accident ruined me for good. Enjoy the fall, it's almost gone. By the way, some of those places looked very familiar.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall Fall Fall... I can't get enough of it and it's always here and gone so soon... Glad you took the time to enjoy it!

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to know that we're not the only one who empties the grain cart on the road.

    Love the personal days. DH asked me this morning to take off early so we could sort CATTLE! Seems that he's a lot more productive with me helping.

    ReplyDelete