Monday, November 3, 2008

What are you passionate about?

Passion

~any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate

~a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything: a passion for music

~feelings or actions that compels



Our message at church this weekend centered around "Points of Passion" which referred to the missions and outreach activities our church supports. During the message the question was posed "what are you passionate about?"

The question challenged me and got me thinking, which I imagine was the point, what am I passionate about? what activities? what causes? who am I passionate about ?

Other than my family and quilting and motorcycling :)...

I am passionate about children or women who have been abused. I don't know what to say or how to handle those situations but it tears my heart out.

I am passionate about unfairness and injustice. I know life isn't fair, but there are times, it's just flat out not right. That's when my soapbox comes out and feelings that compel takes over and turn into action.

I am passionate about serving others whether it be through short-term missions, church activities or in my daily job.

**************************************

What are you passionate about? I'd love to hear from you.

If you're interested in this weekends message from Pastor Keith, Crossroads lead pastor, click on this link , and click watch messages.

I just checked and this weekends message wasn't loaded up yet tonight, but should be very soon. Last weeks by Augustine Mpemba from Tanzania was great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment