Monday, November 24, 2008

The Quiltmakers Gift


The Quilt Maker's Gift by Jeff Brumbeau

A friend from our church small group loaned me this book that her daughter received. She thought I would enjoy it and enjoy it I did!
What a beautifully illustrated children's book. It has a great story about kindness and giving to others.
This would make a wonderful Christmas gift especially for a quilters granddaughter. Unfortunately, my granddaughter is a little young for it yet.
And no, I'm not getting a commission on this, I just love a good children's book when I see one.


The illustrations are gorgeous.




Amazon carries for a little over $12.

They also have a nice website, Quiltmakers Gift you can check out.

4 comments:

  1. I just love children's literature and have quite a collection just for me! You better believe I'll be adding this book to my wish list. I'm so glad that you shared it!

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books are the one thing I bought for my first daughter that I never felt was wasted..the toys,clothes and gizmos are all gone now but she still has those first stories memorized. Thank you for letting me know about this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Lori. I have this book, and the Quiltmaker's Journey, and Quilts from The Quiltmaker's Gift. There is another quilt book 'More Quilts from the Quiltmaker's Gift, but I don't think I have that one.

    (http://www.amazon.com/More-Quilts-Quiltmakers-Joanne-Larsen/dp/0439519519/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227591778&sr=1-1)

    They are beautiful books! I have bought many USED books from Amazon, and have been very pleased, so that would be an option to get them all very reasonably if you wanted them.

    Jeff Brumbeau,the author, also has one called 'Miss Hunnicutt's Hat. This one, from Jeff, is my favorite of all. Miss Hunnicutt's Hat tells a story for children of all ages about accepting people the way they are no matter what little idiosyncrasies they may have. What is considered "right" by the group is not always "right" for the rest of us. It teaches that, like Miss Hunnicutt, everyone should be true to herself, because you just never know when your ideas and dreams can grow to become the dreams of mankind. It shows that tolerance is a trait that should be taught early and often!

    Yes, I'm a kid at heart, and always will be. What can I say?

    Glad to see you back blogging.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my children gave me this book for Christmas one year. :) It's wonderful! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete