Friday, March 21, 2008

First day of Spring and first day of blogging

I can't think of a more appropriate time to start something new than the "First Day of Spring." So today, is also the first day of this blog. I always think of things coming alive again when I think of Spring. However, today, here in Northern Illinois, Spring's arrival was greeted with yet another winter storm. Winter doesn't seem to want to loose it's grip on our region of the country and I for one am more than ready for that grip to be loosened. I love springtime! I love that first nice warm (above 40) day with bright sunshine and light breezes. We had just such a day yesterday, even it was only fleeting. All changed at 4am this morning with the arrival of ice and snow. This will be a good weekend to stay inside and quilt. I am working on a baby quilt for our new grandson due to arrive in early May. This particular quilt has a construction theme and I can't wait to see it "start" to come together. Can you tell by the word "start" that it hasn't yet? It hasn't, I'm off to quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment