3 weeks ago, I started a new job (see previous post).
I’ve learned a lot these past 3 weeks so thought I would share what I’ve learned with you.
- A 51 year old brain doesn’t learn as fast as a 40 year old brain.
- A 51 year old brain doesn’t retain what it’s learned like a 40 year old brain.
- When there are multiple printers to print to, invariably I will click on the one that is down the hall and up a flight of stairs instead of the one that is 10 feet away from me. Exercise is good for a person, right?
- I am ever so grateful for the grace that has been afforded to me as I learn. I’m still trying to determine how long I can play the “I’m new here” card.
- When a person is really busy, they don’t realize they’ve missed lunch. That is, until they look at the clock and all of a sudden they get instantly hungry.
- The devil really likes to mess with a person when they step out in faith.
- Some people do not and will not ever understand why I would leave a “good job” at a college for a “church job”.
- Having to be at work at 8am is a whole lot easier than being at work at 7am. I’m even early most mornings – as long as I don’t get behind the neighbor who only drives 50! Not that it bothers me at all.
- Every person has their own type of filing system. Things just aren’t where I would expect them to be. What’s up with that anyway?
- And the most important thing I’ve learned in the last three weeks is..I am absolutely where God wants and needs me to be and lovin’ every minute of it!