- God was strutting His stuff with tonight’s sunset. The clouds were amazing!
- I’ve decided that paying bills before one goes on vacation is just flat depressing. The upside is we are going on vacation and I.can’t.wait! It’s been a rough couple of months here and I can’t wait to have DH all to myself for a few days. Remind me I said that after 14 hours in the vehicle together. I think I’m going to make him turn his phone off. Another good thing is that where we are heading, the phone service is pathetic.
- The new job is going well. I moved into my “new office” in early May and am finally feeling settled. The first month I was in a temporary space which had negligible work space compared to what I was used to working in. Now I have a nice big work space, a private office and a window! During any of the jobs I’ve had in the last 20-ish years, I’ve never had a window or an office to myself. Is this heaven? Pictures of the new office to follow once I remember to take my camera to work with me.
- We have been extremely dry in these parts this summer but we’ve now received a couple of rains in the last few days. It’s amazing how fast things perk up with rain water. Water from the hose just doesn’t do the same.
- And I’ll leave you with this story my DIL posted on Facebook last night. I’m sharing this with her permission.
I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Out of the mouths of babes (5 yr old granddaughter & 4 yr old grandson) …….
kids: hurry mom, we better shut all the windows, its going to storm. are storms good mom?
mom:rain is good and helps the corn grow. kids:what about tornadoes....are they good or bad mom?......o never mind i know the answer. they are good because there's too many people and God has to kill them off somehow. don't worry mom......if you get struck by lighting I'm sure neighbor Amanda will feed us until daddy gets home so you don't have to worry about us.
What those little minds don’t think of! Love those grands of mine!
Have a wonderful week!