I haven’t participated in Joyce’s Hodge Podge questions since I can’t remember when. These questions seemed easy enough (right up my alley) that I thought I’d give it a go this week.
1. How many students were in your high school graduating class? a whopping 67!
Did you know most, if not all of them? Yup, every last one of them. Small schools are great because you know everyone and everyone knows you. However, small schools are not so great because you know everyone and everyone knows you. Honestly though, I wouldn’t have traded growing up in a small town and small school for anything. I was very fortunate as we never moved so I was in the same school system K-12 and my boys were in the same school as DH & I for K-12.
2. What was the last thing you photographed?
Son Joe & DIL Kristen live 2 hours from us so Sunday morning we met at a halfway point for breakfast to discuss an upcoming motorcycle trip. Yea! As I walked across the street this is exactly how these two were standing so I had to take a picture. Think they’re related? The only thing different in their stance is Joe doesn’t have his hand in his pocket.
3. Pickles-love 'em or loathe 'em? If its love what's something you eat that needs a pickle? I love pickles, especially kosher dill spears. A burger has to have pickles and I love to wrap one up in a slice of ham to eat as is.
4. What's a stereotype you seem to perpetuate without meaning to?
that women are not mechanically inclined.
In the dictionary under non-mechanically inclined, you’ll find my picture. I don’t care how it runs. As long as it runs, I’m good with it. Good thing God blessed me with a very mechanically inclined husband who can fix just about anything.
5. Ever been horse back riding? If so is it something you enjoy? If not, do you have any interest? Did you watch the Kentucky Derby? Will you be watching the last leg of the Triple Crown this weekend?
Wow, Joyce, that’s lots of questions for just one question! As a small (and I do mean small – 2 – 3 years old) child we used to have horses and go on trail rides. There was a group that would get together on Sundays, go for a ride and end up at one of the farms to have a picnic. Some rode, some rode in buggies or carts. As soon as I was old enough to reach the stirrups, maybe 4 years old, on my pony Midnight, I rode by myself (with adult supervision of course). When I was about 6, my sister (yea, I’m blaming her) didn’t tighten the saddle enough on Midnight. The saddle slipped around, hung underneath and my foot was stuck in the stirrup so I was drug across the pasture. Scarred me for life I tell ya! So to all but the first question, the overall answer is no!
6. What's your favorite 'wedding' movie?
I think Runaway Bride and Father of the Bride are a close tie.
7. What is one 'tourist attraction' in the USA that you'd like to see in person?
I would love to make it to all of the National Parks in the continental United States some day. I’ve been to a few of them and no matter how many times I go back the Smoky Mountain National Park, it has my heart.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I was pulled here kicking and screaming but am now in the world of smart phones. And shhh, don’t tell anyone but I am really kind of liking it.
Go on over and check out Joyce’s answers.