Monday, May 9, 2011

Blog? what’s a blog?

I’m not sure what a blog is anymore.  It’s been over two weeks since I’ve posted anything and it feels like even longer.  I miss not posting but the time has just not been there.

I’ve got no excuses either, other than life has been a whirlwind these past couple of weeks and doesn’t show any sign of slowing down until maybe mid-June. :/

I’ll try and catch you up a bit.  Easter weekend we celebrated a very special little boy’s 3rd birthday.  He was beyond excited!

IMG_6376IMG_6391

Not sure what he was examining here.  The cake must have passed inspection though by the look of his face below.

IMG_6398

This little guy is such a joy to be around and is the spitting image of his daddy at that age.  He looks like Daddy, has his Daddy’s mannerisms and his Daddy’s stubbornness.  He’s giving his parents a few fits as he tries to assert some independence.  He is 3 though and our guys were worse at 3 & 4 years old than they ever were at 2.

I mentioned to Jon last night how much Owen reminds us of him.  He replied how that was encouraging and frightening all at the same time!  Smile  I t must be that old curse of “when you grow up and have kids, I hope they do the same things you did!”

All the boys were home for Easter service at church with us.  It’s always such a blessing for us to fill a row with the family that we love so much.  The rest of the day was spent at two, yes, TWO Easter dinners.  Can you say stuffed beyond imagination??

IMG_6406

Some of the guys raided Luke’s truck for hats before we all left for home after the second dinner.   Are seed corn hats and machinery hats as big a deal in your area as they are here?  They seem to be a precious commodity, to the point of saying, I’ll trade a t-shirt from my company for a hat from your company.  The bartering system is well and fine in this family for sure.  Hagie is getting plenty of free advertising in this area after Easter Sunday for sure.

We had a craft day to work on items for our Relay For Life sale coming up in a couple of weeks.  Mothers Day was wonderful!  I planted flowers and DH planted our little garden (more to come on that another day) and we joined J&H and the kiddos for an impromptu picnic in the park.

And you know what?  I don’t’ have pictures of any of it.  My camera has barely been out of my purse in the last two weeks but that’s going to change, I promise!

I have a bridal shower to go to for our new DIL, Kristen this coming Saturday and their wedding is a little over 3 weeks away!  I am so excited for them.  It’s going to be a great day, I can tell already.

Oh, and in the meantime, because we have nothing else going on, we’re taking a group to Northern Alabama to help with storm clean-up in ten days.

Whew, I’m tired now and think I’ll go to bed.  I’ll try not to be so absent again but no promises until I get past June 4th.

Hope all is well in your world!

7 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you. All your boys (and Ada) are cute...big and little. Enjoy life, and take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owen is just such a Cutie! I can hardly imagine him being stubborn ;) 3s were definitely Worse in this house too. Stuff that burned my biscuits then, seems pretty hilarious now!

    I'm praying for you these next weeks--if you need anything I'm around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're living life! Too busy to talk about it :D Thanks for the tidbits of news, and thanks for your willingness to go to help those in need! Still looking forward to another lunch in the future when you get some slow time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having life & doing what needs done is more important than blogging. Love you, dear! Holler when you need help. :)

    Mr. O may be stubborn but that smile lights up a room. ♥ (3's were definitely worse than 2's.....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a stubborn one too. He can still be that way!
    I always tell him that he's "Paying for his raising". I feel sorry for his wife sometimes!

    HATS?! YES! We have a HUGE collection of hats! We need to trade too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, he is a cutie! We just can't get enough of our grands! They save their stubbornness and their attitude for their parents so it's all good! for us anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie! The little guys and the big guys too. :) I'll be anxious to hear about your trip to Alabama. Jerry and I will leave June 4 to spend 2 months in south Louisiana at the mission in Baldwin. We'll certainly be working on flood buckets since they've sent so many out lately and it looks as if even more are needed! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete