Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Winter

It seems like forever since I’ve written anything here.  With our outreach trip to New Orleans, playing catch-up and the semester start-up at work, time has certainly been at a premium.  Something had to be put on a shelf and this little blog-o-mine here took the fall.  

Is a person every really caught up?  I guess it’s all in perspective as to what a person “thinks” is important and how they prioritize their life.  For the last few weeks, my time has been dictated either by others or responsibilities for commitments I made. 

Now, I believe, do I dare say it?  Things look to be slowing down some and just maybe I can relax, hole-up in the house, maybe read a little, maybe quilt a little, maybe sew a little, positively cook a little and of course, blog some.  Winter is good for a few other things than making me cold, right? 

As much as I don’t like to be cold or driving on crummy roads, I do have to admit that winter definitely has a beauty like no other. 

The past few mornings, we’ve had fog combined with freezing temperatures which brings on beautiful trees and scenery.  Yesterday as the sun was coming up, everything absolutely glistened from the frost and ice. 

IMG_2920

IMG_2917

IMG_2921

 IMG_2926

  IMG_2919

The colors of a sunrise and sunset are so much brighter against a snowy white landscape.

IMG_2902

IMG_2908

Isn’t God amazing?  Only He can paint a landscape such as this!

4 comments:

  1. Well I hope you get to slow down. I started the year out slowing down and then something happened....we were blessed with some extra work and we are thankful. Hopefully soon I can get back to my life in the slow lane! And then it will be time to start my garden, etc., etc. Isn't that the way it goes? I have missed you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snowy pictures...welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right - only God can do such work as this! Getting caught up? Never...I always think of something else that needs to be done. Guess that gives me purpose. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete