Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It’s Hodge Podge Time!

I don’t play along often enough with Joyce’s Hodge Podge so thought it was about time again.

Joyce’s questions for this week…

1. I included this quote (attributed to William H. Danforth) in my blog post yesterday... "The best cure for a sluggish mind is to disturb it's routine." When was the last time you 'disturbed your routine' and how'd you do it? 
My mind was stretched big time when I started my new job at the church in April.   Love the job but learning new things has been a source of frustration some days but I’m gaining on it! Smile

2. What's your favorite fried food indulgence?
I can only pick one favorite?? 
So.not.fair…so I’ll cheat and pick two. Smile  Onions rings with the smooth batter, not the crumbly kind (no specifics here, huh?) & sweet potato fries. sliced horizontally, not lengthwise (again, not specific at all)

3. Did you have an allowance as a kid? What did you do with it? Do you give your own kids an allowance?
You know, I honestly don’t remember if I got an allowance or not.  I think we tried the allowance thing with the kids but they had to do chores to receive it.  Again, honestly I don’t remember how that worked out.

4. What's something you wish you knew more about?
Gourmet cooking.  I’m a down home type cook but would love to learn more about cooking all fancy-like and how to present food better.

5. Is there anything you feel too old to do anymore? If so, what?
Rollerskate!  I used to love it as a child and teenager.  Now, I can’t help but think that if I would fall now, it would take so much longer to stop hurting from that fall.   Sad smile

6. What's a song you think has a great first line?
How about the first verse instead of line? Smile
The beginning of the Casting Crowns song “Jesus, Friend of Sinners” convicts me every time I hear it.

Jesus Friend of sinners we have strayed so far away
We cut down people in your name but the sword was never ours to swing
Jesus friend of sinners the truth's become so hard to see
The world is on their way to You but they're tripping over me
Always looking around but never looking up I'm so double minded
A plank eyed saint with dirty hands and a heart divided
Oh Jesus friend of sinners
Open our eyes to the world at the end of our pointing fingers
Let our hearts be led by mercy
Help us reach with open hearts and open doors
Oh Jesus friend of sinners break our hearts for what breaks yours


7. Who are you writing to/for when you create a blog post? In other words...as you write, who is the audience in your head? 
I don’t really think much about who I’m writing to.  I started blogging as a creative release and to learn web design better(have failed miserably at the web design part) and the friends I’ve met along the way have been an unexpected bonus.  I really blog more for a record of my life.  Someday when I’m gone, I want my kids and grandkids to be able to look at what I wrote over these last few years and see my heart.  That is, if I ever get them all printed off and in book format. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Sometimes confidences are hard to keep.   I’m a verbal processer.  As I talk about things, I process it through and feel better about whatever the situation is.    I always keep them though as I have been on the receiving end of those who I thought I could trust but they told others.   It wasn’t a fun place to be.

Stop over at Joyce’s blog and see what others answered to her questions!

2 comments:

  1. It was fun to read your answers. I'm a bit late, but better late than never, right? : ) I do have roller blades but haven't had them out in this neighborhood as it is super steep. I'm definitely more breakable than I was a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post thanks for sharing...i found your blog thrue the hodgepodge...looking for to visit more...blessings from holland...

    ReplyDelete